Monday, June 28, 2010

Thoughts on the Rain



It's summertime. The season for lightheartedness, beauty, carefree attitudes. Outside today, it was bright and warm. The light stung my eyes from being inside all day with the curtains closed. Just like my mind and heart; it is hidden from view more often than not.

After a while, I could see the dark clouds rolling in on the horizon. I felt the heaviness of the air and the warm breeze turn humid. Light raindrops fell on my arms and face and hair as I laid prone in the cool, green grass; I stared into the slow swirling battles in the sky, my being completely in the moment.

I'm not sure when it changed; it may have been so gradual that I didn't notice the strength of the wind or the chilly air until sand was scratching my skin and rain was soaking my clothes. I soon had to leave my peaceful spot.

Driving away, I felt sad having to sacrifice my special place; it filled me up inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment